Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

I can't get my ex out of my head?

I was with this girl for 4 years. We lived together for about 2. During this time she became my best friend. We did Everything together and I loved her more than anything. But she is full of flaws; she is a very unstable person emotionally. She gets irritated for about everything. She never settles on anything, even school. She is been in college for almost 5 years... Yet she keeps changing her major from one thing to another. Furthermore, she is also not the most faithful. She cheated pretty much on everyone she has ever been with... she was already sleeping with another guy two weeks after we broke up. 

Recently, she got into this relationship with this British guy. She already went to see the guy and spent two weeks with him. She came recently and called me and started how she misses me. When I asked her about the guy, she says the guy is nice and everything but he has a micropenis and they couldn't do anything together. Yet, their relationship is posted of Facebook. 

I know she is been cheating on the guy. How do I know? She slept with me after she got back from England. 

Her goal now is to move to England. She is even willing to get engaged with the guy to get the necessary papers. The guy is oblivious and his family is even involved. 

But for me, despite knowing all of that and all of the suffering she had caused while we were together, I still find it hard to move on. Part of me hate her, but part of me somewhat wants her back. I saw us getting old together. 

• steve

She wouldn't need papers to come back to England from America. 

She might need to apply for a visa but as long as she could support herself when she got here she doesn't need to be in a relationship with anyone (our rules are less strict than USA).

But in answer to your question you will never forget her, but time will ease the pain and she will just become a good memory.

I sometimes think about all of my exes but only with nice thoughts and glad we had our time together.

You need to move on and find someone else then I promise she will disappear to the back of your mind only to be in your thoughts for a couple of minutes if you see or do something that reminds you of her.

new interest............................

• Chanel

You must move on with your life. I knew a guy who never got over his ex and he drank himself to death but over a period of ten years. He never got over her even though he was arrested many times for turning up at her flat.

What I'm saying is that it is best to deal with these emotions and put them in prospective.

Go out as much as you can. Keeping busy really works as life is something that happens to you when you are busy doing other stuff.

This sounds like the typical male thought process. It's almost like I am reading my current BF's previous relationship story, to the T. We've been together for nearly a year now though, so when I stumbled upon your post I almost thought it was him. He left her for good though. He says he's happy with me and sees me as someone permanent. Not sure if it's entirely true, apparently I am the only girl he's ever intro'd to his family, so I see that as a plus. I know this didn't help you at all, sorry. Have you thought about staying busy by finding friends? They can be female friends you have no intention of ever dating. Don't confuse this with having random sex with people. I mean, what if one you meet really clicks with you? It can happen.