What spices can I put on whole potatoes?

Whatever you like potatoes are bland enough to take anything.Chives,Basil,Cheese,Bacon salt n pepper Season-all Butter or nothing at all.

I cut my potatoes into wedges, add olive oil to coat and fresh rosemary sprigs, some grated garlic and salt + pepper. I roast on 350 until they are cooked.

• marie

Salt

Pepper

Garlic

Thyme

Rosemary

Try this version of a baked potato, make cuts across a raw potato about 1/4" or less apart, from the top cut down but stop about 1/4" before cutting all the way through it. Fan open the cuts and sprinkle in some dried thyme, some salt, and pour a little melted butter down into the cuts. Then wrap it in foil and bake it. It's excellent.

• Hope!

I absolutely love to fry whole potatoes with whole cumin seeds! Cumin seeds on scrambled eggs is really good too.. and on naan bread (brush naan bread with oil, sprinkle with salt, and cumin seeds - toast for about 2 minutes). 

Another spice that's good on potatoes is mustard - combine 2 tablespoons of oil with 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard and toss with hot potatoes.. sprinkle with cayenne pepper.. you can make this a complete meal by throwing in some cooked sausage. 

Any that you like. They're your potatoes, do as you want.

Are you referring to a baked potato?   If yes, I like butter, pepper, Greek-style yogurt, sliced green onions and diced bacon. 

• Mark

Paprika, salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder.  Basically, anything you personally like.

• Alex

Whatever you like really.

Although a typical recipe is oil the spuds, sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano (or Italian seasoning), and bake as normal.

BBQ sauce, butter or margarine, sour cream, sautéed mushrooms & onions, salt and pepper, gravy (whatever spices are used in it), garlic, onion, basil flakes, curry, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast flakes