If you claim your Christian why do you lie to kids about Santa and the Easter Bunny?

This is Breakthrough's question again. 

Because that is the custom and tradition of the holidays they represent.  When kids are old to realize Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real, there is no need to play along anymore.  So what?  Its a right of passage for ever kid.  The "lie" is out of the spirit of the holidays, to make "being a kid" more enjoyable.  The deception is not intended to be used to take anything away from children.   

If an adult Christian lies to a child to hide a planned, surprised birthday party, would you consider that devious and sinister behavior?  'Context' is everything, my friend.  

Happy Holidays!!!

Santa and the easter bunny are fairy tales and told to young children not so they believe but simply as a charming fantastical story such as "cinderella", little mermaid and even bugs bunny cartoons, (no one believes rabbits can talk but children still fantasize). it's just sparking fantastical magic in a child's imagination. NO christian teaches it as truth. When the time is right and the child can think for themselves and they can understand, we tell them the truth about Jesus and His plan of redemption for all men. The truth; that God is with us and is interested in us. 

Worse is when atheists and false religions try to convey their "own" fantastical lies they conjure up in their heads and don't see that they are brainwashed by other atheists or ideas of men, on what their "religion"believes or doesn't believe, without any proof whatsoever or distorted lies. (and yes atheism IS a religion(you can deny that all day long, but it is. (religion is nothing more than a "man-made" idea that has taught to humanity, be it whatever that may be.e.g; God, or that we (complicated and intricate beings)"evolved" from a "chemical reaction" or an "amoeba" - that takes way more faith to believe;that is truly fantastical faith"!) or that we must "perform" to please god.  Atheism cannot prove their belief that God doesn't exist; there is no historical, physical or empirical evidence, they can show for their belief. Believers however have existential proof- something doesn't come from nothing. historical, architectural,scientific and prophetic evidence does exist that proves something bigger than us does exist and created us. 

At Jw.org there are many answers to questions from the bible for free.

Well, I'm a Christian who has never lied to my kids about Santa or the Easter Bunny. They were never told untruths about those non-existent fictions. That didn't stop me giving them presents or telling them the truth about Jesus rising from the grave on the third day (what others call 'Easter'). An event that had over 500 eye-witnesses over a period of 40 days (for the nay-sayers who call the resurrection a fiction). By the way, those who don't make the connection between Christmas and Easter have no idea of the significance of either.

Santa and the Easter Bunny are not convincing and as such, couldn't exist.

(Dang, I didn't realize that it's a serious deal on this site when you're blocked. That it should make the blocked person hold resentment and have the desperate need to want to voice their response.) 

Sad...

I don't lie to children........

Your WHAT is Christian?

• Paul

I also allow them to "believe" in Peter Pan and talking animals and fairies. It's part of childhood innocence. They outgrow it as they mature, but they never outgrow Jesus, Who is reality.

If I read them Hansel and Gretal is it lying? No its a Story

I never did the Santa Claus or Easter bunny  thing with my kids. From my experience actually it seems like the atheists I  know really push the Santa Claus and Easter bunny. Most of the church going people i know don’t

• al

But Santa is real!!! I'm not so sure about the Easter Bunny though!!!