What is the best thermostat or control system for my home?

I purchased a 3 family home and I want to replace the heating thermostats for each apartment but I want to be able to control the tstats remotely. I also want to replace the control valves connected to each zone because the existing valves are old.

I want the tstats to be controlled by each tenant however I want to set up a limit of maximum of 72 degrees F. If they want it more than 72 degrees F I would have to control it remotely.

What is the best option for me? What type of tstats should i buy for this? Should i buy a new control system? Can anyone recommend compatible control valves that can communicate with each tstat? Maybe if anyone can send me a wiring diagram to help? I'd appreciate it.

this sort of a limiting control system is commercial grade, not residential grade. you need a professional to install it [even to choose the right parts]. Bite the bullet and pay for professional work

I have a 4 plex apartment and my tenants all pay for their own gas. The units are all around 800 sq. ft. (fairly small) and I replaced floor heaters with wall heaters with thermostats for each unit. This area does not get extreme cold and only occasionally gets down to freezing. That works pretty well and it was cost effective but your situation may be very different.

• y

They have T stats that you can control with your smart phone now, regardless of where you are. I hasn't used them, I still have the old mercury switch. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A tenant will likely move out if you have that set up.  Many people would call that intrusion.  As long as they are paying the heating bill, they should be able to heat their home what ever temperature they want to.