What is the best thermostat or control system for my home?

I purchased a 3 family home and I want to replace the heating thermostats for each apartment but I want to be able to control the tstats remotely. I also want to replace the control valves connected to each zone because the existing valves are old.

I want the tstats to be controlled by each tenant however I want to set up a limit of maximum of 72 degrees F. If they want it more than 72 degrees F I would have to control it remotely.

What is the best option for me? What type of tstats should i buy for this? Should i buy a new control system? Can anyone recommend compatible control valves that can communicate with each tstat? Maybe if anyone can send me a wiring diagram to help? I'd appreciate it.

Favorite Answer

this sort of a limiting control system is commercial grade, not residential grade. you need a professional to install it [even to choose the right parts]. Bite the bullet and pay for professional work

• Orhan1 month agoReport

can you recommend any professional to this for me? I'm in Brooklyn NY

• y

They have T stats that you can control with your smart phone now, regardless of where you are. I hasn't used them, I still have the old mercury switch. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A tenant will likely move out if you have that set up.  Many people would call that intrusion.  As long as they are paying the heating bill, they should be able to heat their home what ever temperature they want to.

• Orhan1 month agoReport

I am paying the heating bill. That's the whole reason I want this. I know some people who put their tstats on 85 degree F and leave the window open just so the landlord can suffer. No thank you.