Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Should I ever marry?

I'm 22 years old and 

have never been married.

Ever since I was 17 or 18 I felt like never marrying anyone.

I still feel like never marrying anyone no matter how close I get to them because

• there are abusive marriages

• there are non-abusive relationships

• i am in the active duty us army and often times am away from home

• i'm planning on being a firefighter once i get discharged from the army (firefighters are often away from home)

• i am tired of having problems or arguements with people (i don't care who is right or who is wrong or who is innocent or

who is guilty).  I often times have to say **** in the back of my head because if i say it outloud, it could just get into an arguement.

• i am tired of hypocrites (they are EVERYWHERE and i HATE them.  And I have to constantly say **** in the back of my head to avoid having arguements)

• I hate it when you call or text people on the phone and they PURPOSELY ignore you (even your own friends do that) and 99% of the time they don't call you back (even when they say they will).

• If I marry someone, I'm stuck with them forever

• I just want freedom and be allowed to do what i want

However, being married does increase life expectancy (seriously it does.  More than exercising does).

The only thing that would make me want to marry anyone is having a longer life expectancy.  Other than that, I STRONGLY do NOT want marriage (or kids).  

So should I marry just for a longer life expectancy?

Well there is no law saying you have to marry someone.  So as long as you are okay with being alone, then I don't see why it would be wrong for you to never marry.

You just have to be okay with being alone.  As long as you are okay with that, than you shouldn't have to marry.

Maybe you have schizoid personality disorder.

A happy marriage increases life expectancy. An unhappy marriage does not. If you marry just for a longer life expectancy, and aren't happy being married, then you won't get the longer life expectancy

By the way you post this question, you sound like you might be a very bitter and insecure person. If so, it would be better if you don't marry.

You will not live longer if you are unhappily married; so forget it.

• Judy

It's up to you. Lots of people never get married and don't want to, and that's ok.

• Judith

Sounds like you are in dire need of therapy but not because of the marriage question.  Seriously.

As for marriage - there is no should or should not.  You either want to or you don't.  You either meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with (and they you) or you don't.  Lots of single people in the world.  Given everything you've written - you should be one of them- at least as it stands now.

• NONAME

yeah dang im 12 and i never been married...thought about it a couple of times...had a few close calls but it just never happened...im fine with living single

My magic 🎱 ball says .....you should seek psychiatric help for the voices you hear in your head and in about 10 years get married.