How is Testing different from Tempting?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

cause god tests and the devil tempts

• 2 months ago

I don't know. I doubt anybody does. God gives us opportunities to learn and grow. Satan urges us to abuse them.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Tempting is testing aimed at drawing someone toward immoral actions.

• 2 months ago

The temptations ARE the tests.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The purpose. Testing someone is done to see if someone will succumb to a situation without intent of going through with it. Tempting, on the other hand, is done to try and get someone to succumb to a situation with the intent of going through with it.

For example, a lady could test a man to see if he would cheat without intent of having sexual relations. On the other hand, a lady could tempt a man to see if he would cheat so that they would have sexual relations.

• 2 months ago

Testing is giving someone an option between two or more things to show someone they are or aren't following the way they are supposed to. Tempting is putting something bad in front of someone that it's hard not to choose and hoping they choose it.

The main difference is who does these things. God tests, Satan tempts.

• 2 months ago

There is no difference, 

because God does neither. 

God is not a retard that is open to 

your ridicule and pleasure, or your need 

to make His actions appear to be more 'human'. 

Your fear of what is completely beyond you, is showing. 

• 2 months ago

Depends on the context in which they are found.

• Tommy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well a woman take a pregnancy test but a pregnancy tempt is the reason the test would be nessisary. A runner can test his endurance but tempting endurance is not a thing. I can test your knowledge but I can't tempt your knowledge. You can go to the doctor to be tested for an std but you are not tempted for an std. Although temptation may be the reason for the need to be tested. Good day.

• 2 months ago

It's really not that different, but here's the problem; both testing and tempting imply that the the tester/tempter doesn't know in advance what his/her subjects are going to do, even though the tester/tempter in this case supposedly knows everything about everything and has predetermined everything that's going to happen to everyone. See the problem? Why bother testing or tempting if you already know the result?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.