Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

atheists, what would you say if Creationist ask you why is it that if i ask for proof for your evolution, only thing you do if attack bible?

ASK BY KENT THE SCIENCE GENT

There are atheists who go red herring, non sequitur, beside the point and drag in the Bible. But how many times do the creationists have to be shown the evidence?

Also, atheists aren't scientists. It's dishonest to keep asking atheists science questions.

What time is it?

- It's 5pm.

Anybody, what time is it?

- It's 5pm.

Why won't anyone tell me what time it is?

- There is a clock on the wall. It's 5 o'clock.

I keep asking but no one can seem to tell me the time.

- You have a watch. Oh, I see your watch is wrong. Look at the wall clock.

All I'm getting is are attacks that my watch is wrong. When will someone stop with the attacks on my watch and tell me the time? No one can do it!

>:(

It's a propaganda technique called "deflection" or "red herring" among other things.  They don't want to address the issue, so they shift to another subject. Unfortunately both sides do it. If you just read the questions and answers you'll notice that answering the questions is rarely done.  People don't read to understand.  They read to respond.

Questions, as they are used all over YA, are rarely used to gain information.  "Gotcha" questions are notorious around here, aka leading questions.  They are usually poorly thought out and more often than not based on ignorance. 

To be fair there is scientific evidence for evolution.  There are also weaknesses in the theory.  This is true of an awful lot of scientific theories.  That doesn't make them wrong, but it doesn't make them right either.

Creationists claim scientific evidence for their beliefs, too. Fine, present them. 

I think the real question is this:  where does it say that "science" is the final arbiter of all truth?  There may be things science cannot explain and therefore, it doesn't follow that everything not explained by science is false. 

There is no point in endless "gotcha" questions.  No one is persuaded by them.  If they are, you're likely to read about them buying the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Fundie, why do you incessantly say monumentally stupid things.

Common ancestry was proven when we discovered both humans and chimps share identically damaged genes caused by ancient viruses that infected a common ancestor and passed down vertically through all subsequent offspring. We share even older damaged genes with older primate cousins that are nested in a hierarchy which shows the actual order of divergence.

• Caesar

Evolution is a working biology theory. Biology is science. Science is nothing about theism or atheism., No one needs to attack any of the thousand theist tales of creation made by theist for anything about biology. The great majority of religious people can grasp and understand how science work.

• Wundt

I don't need to "attack" the BIble to prove evolution.  The huge amount of consistent and verifiable evidence (fossil record, DNA, lab research, ring species, etc.) proves evolution without referencing the BIble.  

However, if you are going to cite the Bible as evidence for Creationism, it totally makes sense to demonstrate that the Bible is not a valid source of scientific evidence.

I know right - The bible is one of the best cases of evolution '

It has evolved into one of the best procurements of control ever .

I completely support the bible as proof of how 

fiction evolves into reality .

It's responsible for  single celled sects self dividing and branching out into literally 

thousands of sects all with exclusive natural selection .

• Tommy

Nothing they could comprehend.

I emailed you a picture.

Get help now. Really.