Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 4 months ago

I m doing a geography assignment and I need to know the modern-day uses for the river Nile?

also what are the wildlife that lives in it

ok never mind, I've done the homework by myself. I was just asking for help because no matter where I looked, I could only find uses for the river nile from ancient Egypt. But thanks anyway!

Egypt depends for 97% of its water supply on the Nile. Rainfall is minimal at 18 mm per year, occurring mainly during autumn and winter time.

Irrigation , Water supply, and transport.

These are the historical uses of the Nile and also the modern uses.

• Joseph

"I m doing a geography assignment . . . (sic)"  No, you're not!  You are asking random strangers to do your assignment for you.

Here is another point to ponder.  How sure are you that your teacher is not monitoring this and other Q&A sites like this one to catch people cheating on their assignments?

• Andrew

I can only assume that your classmates were asked to do something similar, and it would be extremely immoral, unethical, and downright unfair for you to outsource your homework assignment to strangers on the internet while your classmates are required to actually do the work on their own. There are heaps upon heaps of books about the Nile River. You can find several in any library and there are thousands - probably millions of articles and entries online about the river and the surrounding area. The purpose of your project is to perform research about a specific topic. It's a valuable life skill that everybody ought to know about. Instead of asking strangers to do your work for you, you ought to start looking up the information you need to get this done, because nobody is going to do it for you. And if there is someone out there misguided enough to do that, all that person is really doing is inhibiting you from learning anything and enabling your capacity to be a liar, a sneak, a thief and a cheat, all of which we already have too much of in this world as it is. Off you go then. 

• I have been researching about the modern day uses of the Nile, but I can only find facts about ancient Egypt. 
      you're right I shouldn't get people do my homework for me anyway.