Is there a new patch/update for unlocking the characters in Star Wars Battlefront 2?

So I'm way behind on playing this game. But on Star wars Battlefront 2 (2017) release. Apparently there is an update that all the characters are now unlocked and other various things too. So after almost 3 hours of installing the game (12/9/2019) I do not see where at the characters are now all unlocked. I see Obi Wan, Anakin, the newer characters but according to my game I still have to earn 4,000 + points to obtain them. Basically I am starting from the very beginning and working on it. But whats going on did I do something wrong or need another update? 

• Raditz

The free updates were only for new items.

The one that you're looking for is the "Battlefront II Celebration Edition", which you either need to buy the whole package, or you can upgrade it for less price if you have the base game.But even then, it doesn't stated that you can unlock all the heroes if you bought it. It only says that the Celebration Edition unlocks all the customization things, like skins, emotes, voice lines, and victory poses.

So you might want to ask EA about this, before you made more purchases.

• Raditz

Probably, since they didn't mention anything about "unlocked characters". 

Again, try asking EA first through its Customer Service for more detailed and exact information.