Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Relationship ?

Does no contact work? 

My (ex)girlfriend broke up with me. I didn’t cry or beg her to stay. I do love her. Like a week after she broke up with she messaged me “how are you”. Should I ignore her when she message me again?

We had our up and downs we been dating for a year. We never had a big fight. It’s our first brake up. 

You can ignore “How are you.”

Since she broke up with you, she has to pick up where she left off. 

Not only should you not beg, you shouldn’t pretend she didn’t break it off. She needs to do better than “how are you” to get a meaningful response.

It depends. How do you feel about her now? Do you think she regrets breaking up with you? Also, how did you take the breakup? Did you intend on never talking to her again? I guess the real question you should ask yourself is whether you want her out of your life. If not then I don't see any harm in messaging her back. Make sure you sound aloof though. 

What is your goal here? Are you trying to win her back? If so, don't play games with her.

I hate this crap, and you need to see why it's so immature.  Under circumstances like this, texting is just a cheap way to get inside someone's head.   You don't say if you responded, but I sure hope you didn't.  If she truly cares how you are (which I doubt if she just broke up), surely you're worth a phone call? 

• Jerry

If you want to get back together with her, then no, you don't ignore her message. You tell her you're happy to hear from her, that you missed her. 

If you don't want to get back together with her, ignoring her attempts to contact you sends that message loud and clear.