Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

How do I get girlfriend to understand it wasn’t my fault?

My girlfriend's friend tricked me into sleeping with her. We’d been drinking. My birthday was a couple of days later. She told me my girlfriend wanted us to sleep together - that it was my birthday present from my girlfriend. Turns out my girlfriend knew nothing about it. Now she’s angry at me and not speaking to me. How do I get her to see that it’s her friend and fault and not me?

• g

You chose to sleep with her friend. That's all on you.

• J

Nah it was all your fault bro, it doesn't matter what you think you finally made a decision.

Man up and own it 

Dude, I'm sorry but it was your fault. You didn't even question why your girlfriend's friend told you that or wonder what her real intentions were? You didn't even bother to ask your girlfriend? How can you be that stupid? Even when you're drunk you still have control over not doing stupid **** like that, unless you were blackout drunk. 

It's not her fault. It's yours.

• Kelly

Though this is likely a fake question I'll bite...

You can't possibly be that stupid?  If I wanted my husband to f*ck someone, I'd tell him myself.  If one of my friends came up to him and told him that, he'd question it and ask me or at least think it's a trap that he's not stupid enough for fall for.

• Wilson

LOL. 

I disagree. It WAS your fault.

Taking your friend's word on the matter was YOUR mistake. 

You should either have KNOWN beforehand that your girlfriend would never approve something like that. 

Or, you should have asked YOUR GIRLFRIEND......before you touched this other girl. 

Now you are in hot water and you probably will lose your girlfriend for being dumb and irresponsible, and for not taking responsibility for this mistake you made. 

And, as far as "getting your girlfriend to understand".......just stop thinking that way. Women are humans and they are individuals with their own minds.

"Getting a woman to understand" is a phrase a man from the dark ages would use.

• sarah

You don't. Because it WAS your fault. You're the one who ran off and got drunk, aren't you?