Scott asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Raising my credit score quickly.?

I have a question regarding my credit score. I need to refi my house in the next three months. I have a 598 credit score, my wife has a very good score of approx 730 plus with an excellent credit history. If my wife added me as a user to her credit card that is already paid off will it increase my credit score?  Please let me know if this would help my score or be negative since I need to refi in the next three months.

Thank You

• Scott

No. You can't increase your credit score by osmosis. You need to do things yourself to improve your credit. You need to pay off debt yourself.

• Scott

My point is, you can't improve your credit by piggybacking on someone else's credit card. You need to do it yourself.

Being an authorized user does nothing for anyone's credit. It does not help nor hurt. No reason to be one, credit speaking.

NOTHING involving building credit is fast. You can ruin it fast, not build it. By design.

It will increase your score over time, sure. Nothing is going to tack on a bunch of points fast.

There is nothing you can do in the next three months that will dramatically affect your credit score which is based on several years of behavior.