Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 10 months ago

Is 2020 Toyota Corolla a good choice for $21k car?

I just bought it. I'm wondering if it was good decision. 

There were lots of other options -- Elantra, Impreza, Civic, Mazda 3, Fiesta, Sentra etc etc

Update:

It was LE trim, 139 horsepower 1.8 liter. Fabric seats. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Toyotas are among the most reliable cars made.

• 10 months ago

Service it as specified, and it will serve you well for MANY trouble free years, unlike some of the other brands you listed.

• 10 months ago

The Toyota Corolla is one of the best cars you can buy.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

it doesn't matter now .....it's your car.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

No point in worrying about it now, car's yours.  

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Kind of late now. you're an owner.

Years ago, I was considering a Corolla, a civic and a Mazda 3.

I ended up with a mazda but I found out via US News & World report that many reported slow acceleration with the Corolla. That may have been corrected as it was years ago and I was looking at around 2012 models.

Here is what they say about 2020 models:

Pros & Cons

Pros

Outstanding predicted reliability rating

Great fuel economy

Lots of active safety features

-------------

Cons:

Sluggish base engine

Inconsistent transmission performance

Cramped rear seat in hatchback model

---------

My mazda has great pickup.i did not think that would be an issue but every now and then it comes in handy. (Even though 90% of the time I don't need it)

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Since you already bought it, whether or not it was a good choice is a moot point...it's yours!

Having said that, if I was in the compact sedan market today, the Corolla would be one of the vehicles ( along with the Honda and Mazda ) that I would be checking out.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It should be fine for know but won't be as reliable as the older ones. The cvt transmission will probably go out before the engine does. The old 4 speed automatics were bulletproof.

Lv 7
    10 months ago

Usually, it's better to buy a slightly used car like a rental return.  But you have to look at how much money you would save by doing that.  The Corolla is a reliable car.  It's been around since 1966.

• 10 months ago

Any brand new car is a good choice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.