Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Am I overreacting again?

My SO went out last week...he's in the Caribbean and I'm in the States.  I have NO problem with him going out and having fun, I think it's important.  However, this time, I haven't heard from him since that night and it's been a week today.  I've seen him online many times this week, he hasn't said hello nor called and I haven't either.  Also, the night he went out, his boss was there along with his daughter and her friend.  The girls are in there 20's.  I wasn't entirely comfy with it but decided to trust him.  I also drank that same night, at home though, and hoped he would call me later that night, I asked him to...he didn't and like I said, haven't heard from him since that evening.  I'm ready to give him the room to make a decision to move on.  This has happened before, the dropping off face of the earth, and I'm sick of it!  I do love the man very, very much and he says I'm the love of his life and he's here for me forever, but he often confuses me with this behavior.  Maybe it's me?  Maybe I'm being irrational?  We don't talk everyday and I don't expect that, we are both busy professionals, it's like 3-4 times a month due to our LDR situation.  To me, it seems very shady that he's not calling since hanging out with new women and getting drunk.  Please tell me if I'm wrong...

You say you don't talk every day, but 3-4 times a month. He hasn't talked to you in a week, but because you know where he is and who is around him, that seems to be preying on your mind.

I can't tell you if you're wrong or right, but I can tell you that it would be perfectly reasonable for you to contact him and ask how things are going...

Seems like his response will tell you what you want to know. 

• J

reason # 122121212114581 LDR are just not a good idea.

I think making the decision yourself to move on might be a good idea. I don't think this is working for you. I don't think you are over reacting.