Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 10 months ago

Do bleeding gums mean you will develop gingivitis? ?

My gums have been bleeding every time I brush my teeth with this new toothbrush I got. I think it’s the toothbrush that’s new but will me making myself bleed like that cause gingivitis? 

Change to soft bristle.

• Mark

No, but I am guessing that you bought a "hard" toothbrush (you should only buy "medium" or "soft") and are whaling on them as if the toothbrush were sandpaper and your teeth were wood.  Brush lighter, FLOSS daily, and the next time you are at the dentist, ask for a broad-spectrum antibiotic.  You might be able to avoid a painful "deep cleaning"  (in which they manually separate your gums from your teeth and scrap under the toothline.)

• Tulip

If your gums bleed you HAVE gingivitis which just means inflamed gums. When was your last dental visit

• kelvin

nope it means you already have it

no! the bleeding is likely because the bristles are too stiff on your gums, and/or you're brushing a little too hard. gingivitis comes from having plaque or bacteria on the gums; rubbing too hard is the oppisite problem with a similair symptom. u good!