Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I passed up sex with one of my best friends to preserve our friendship. Did I make the right choice?

I told her I think I was speaking with my dick, not my brain. We watched an entire movie on the couch while cuddling and kissing, but when we went into the bedroom, I got anxious at seeing how this could affect us, as well as the rest of our group of friends. I told her I might not be able to look at them the same way ever again.

Did I do the right thing?

It would only have been sex. I probably would have had the sex, but my group of friends wouldn't be affected because how would they know? It's no one's business.

Only time will tell, but at least you were honest with her about it. So even though she was probably disappointed, hopefully she understands. Personally though, I think you should have went for it.

• y

Yes, unless you both understood it was nothing more then sex. If there was an inkling that one felt it was more, letting on or not, then you made the right choice.