Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

Friend says water is disgusting...?

I have a friend who only drinks soda, juice and ginger ale with water once in a while because the water tastes disgusting to him...is this a normal thing?

• Katie

In some parts of the country the water tastes horrible - it has to be boiled BEFORE it can be drunk.

No, it's not normal and it's unhealthy to avoid drinking water.

Ew. Watered down ginger ade sounds awful. I could not stomach that.

It is now. I read lots of questions from little snow flakes about how "plain water makes me gag" or some other nonsense.

My answer is, you simply haven't been thirsty enough.

remind your friend that the #1 ingredient in her soda and juice(ginger ale is also soda) is water.

i've seen it before. the tap water where i grew up is amazing, but where i'm going to college it sucks.

when people say water sucks, i have to think they mean the specific gravity and/or mouthfeel is unpleasant. no matter what people say, i know for a gorram fact that not all water tastes the same!

• Tyler

generally. tap water can taste quite diverse depending on its source, but many people arent big on bottled water either. part of it is because our taste buds become accustomed to sweeter things and water is, quite bland. 

Cold water "tastes" much better than room temperature water and it isn't too hard to infuse light flavors into it to make it taste much better. 

City water can have a lot of additives in it (for sterilization) and it does taste way different than heavily iron loaded well water.

That's not normal and is very unhealthy.

It isn't a usual thought in my society. Normal is just a point of view of how something is, shared by the majority of people in a society. Conduct a poll including the people in your society, and then you will have your answer.