Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Why was this dog owner doing this?

In a common area where people shop. This dog owner stopped and started grooming his dog with his fingers. He took his fingers and was running them through the dogs hair releasing tons of shed. The shed was flying through the air like wild.

It got into my mouth and all over the place as I was sitting there resting before I went onto the next store.

No this wasn't a park, it was a walking space where you can sit in between a grocery store and walgreens. I guess I'll have to get my lint roll and try to get it off my clothes as I have a doctors appt.

So annoying

Do dog owners have the right to do this in a common area?

@bluebonnetgranny - Why would I have to move. First of all, I was there first. Secondly, I was doing what is expected he was not. This wasn't a dog park. To me, this is no different than asking for people to move for the smoker in a no-smoking zone. No, I should not have had to move.

I'd call that antisocial behaviour.   I don't think you can really do much about it however, other than move on.   What a very odd thing to do.

• Judith

Yes, dog owners have the "right" to groom their dogs in common areas.

Have a problem? Tell the dog owner.

As long as the dog was allowed to be there, the man hasn't broken any rules.  He's just rude.

This situation is actually more like when you're NOT in a non-smoking area.  The smoke would affect you in an unpleasant way, but it's not illegal.

You could always ask the man to stop, but he doesn't have to.  Many people would consider you rude for asking, unless there was a better reason than 'gross' (allergies, open containers of food, etc).

Why don't you move away. There's no need for any one to do anything to make your day better. 

Doesn't matter if you were there first. The dog owner can do what they want as long as its legal. 

Its a PUBLIC place and you have no right to whine 

Once you saw what was going on, you could have gotten up & left. You did not need to stay there if you were being harmed.

Hair, a minor issue for dog owners. The wind will carry the hair away.

• Maxi

It is littering, so where you live are there laws with regards to littering, if so then they are breaking the law

• y

Get used to it with no dogs allowed restrictions slowly going away. I'm thinking most don't remember what it was like prior to the dog restrictions.