Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

SAD and joining the Army.?

I'm 16 now, but when I was 11 I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder from my doctor. I've learnt to manage the anxiety through the years by medication and counselling. I've had no issues with having friends at school and never required support. I was thinking of joining the army soon, would this diagnosis stop me from joining?

Favorite Answer

any mental health issue will be an instant PDQ. especially if you are still on medication for it. 

Even if you claim it's all in the past , you would need a ream of documentation and all kinds of waivers..........and the answer will be no. 

why dont you join the airforce?

• Mrsjvb

if you are still on meds then you are DQd until your doctor takes you off of them, and go 12 months without regressing.  

Yes, unless you can receive a medical waiver.

Not at all!

In fact, it could be an advantage when it comes to killing people  you don't know!