Rolaisa asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 months ago

Question about boarding plane?

I was wondering can I bring my water jug. It s 74.4 ounces and 2.2 liters if you re wondering the brand it s Arrow home products. But I know the water bottles are supposed to be empty but am I allowed to bring something bigger then a water bottle but it s a water jug instead.

I will be flying either by Delta or American Airlines.

As long as the container is empty when you go through security, yes. You can fill it up afterwards

• AJ

Something that large of size, the airline may consider that your carryon or personal item.

This is NOT COMPLICATED.

You can take your item in your checked luggage and as an EMPTY thing past TSA for carry on.

You can fill it AFTER the TSA check  point with water, fruit juice, soda or whatever else is available AFTER the security check point.

Enjoy your flight. Your container be it a jug, thermos, jar,plastic squeeze bottle or whatever must fit during takeoff under the seat in front or in the overhead bin.

BRAND NAME does not matter. Warning WEIGHT requirements might be enforced your full container will weigh about 5 pounds.How much other stuff you have may put you over.

DO NOT try to sneak alcohol on board for in flight consumption.

• JuanB

As long as it is empty, fits in your carry on luggage and is under the weight of your carry on luggage limit.

• MS

You can bring it, as long as it's empty when you go through security. 

As long as it's empty.

You cannot go thru Security with water or any other liquid in a jug that size - anything over the TSA limits.  So take it thru EMPTY - and then fill it at any of the water stations past Security.  You do know, they will give you water on the plane . .

Yes, I think you can