Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 months ago

Would you guys please correct this text for me, please?

The day before yesterday I went at a birthday party. It was my mum's uncle's birthday party. He invited my entire family, but only me and my dad could come. My mum was at a fair and I don't know about my brother, but he also couldn't come. So me and my dad went to the party. I had a really great time there. We were at a fancy resturant. There was a well kept garden, a fountain and some really pretty benches. First there was a buffet, I ate pizza. I haven't had pizza in a long time, so I thought "I could have an exeption for once, I haven't had pizza in over a year, so... " one slice was good, the other one was way too cheesy, so I gave it to my dad. He said that it was very good instead.

There was my mum's cousin there. She's a teacher and she complains about her students. She says that some of them have a really hard time understanding math. There was a bouch of chldren there. I'm sorry that I wasn't very talkative that day, I wish I could have been more friendly since I don't see those relatives very often, but was very tired because the days before the lunch party I had worked my a**off, so I was a bit sleep deprived.

The day before yesterday I went to my great-uncle's birthday party. He invited my entire family, but only my dad and I could go. My mum was at a fair, and I don't know where my brother was, but he couldn't go either. The party was at a fancy restaurant, and I had a really great time. There was a well-kept garden, a fountain and some really pretty benches. 

First there was a buffet. I ate pizza, which I haven't had for over a year, so I thought "I could make an exeption for once." One slice was good; the other was much too cheesy, so I gave it to my dad, who enjoyed it. 

My mum's cousin was there. She's a teacher, and she complained about her students, saying that some of them have a really hard time understanding math. There were a lot of chldren there,  too. I'm sorry that I wasn't very friendly that day. I wish I could have been more talkative since I don't see those relatives very often, but I was very tired. For several days before the lunch party, I had worked extremely hard and was somewhat sleep-deprived.

[The "really great time" mentioned in the first paragraph doesn't seem so great by the last paragraph. Are you supposed to do a rewrite or just correct errors?]

Do you speak English as a second language? "me" can't "come", and "me" can't go.   "Me" can't do anything.  Only "I" can do things.  

The day before yesterday I went TO a birthday party. It was my mum's uncle's birthday. He invited my entire family, but only MY DAD AND I could GO. My mum was at a fair and I don't know about my brother, but he couldn't come EITHER. So MY DAD AND I went to the party. I had a really great time there. We were at a fancy resturant. There was a WELL_KEPT garden, a fountain and some really pretty benches.

.

The next section is a mess. It it is too repetitive and all over the place. Try recasting into simpler sentences that are a bit longer but don't tax your reader.