Is this sentence grammatically correct?

It either feels good or hurts when you fantasize, but you won't be able to give your life a purpose if you don't.

It's correct.

• RP

While the logic may be questioned, the grammar is fine.

It's grammatically correct, but awkward and potentially unclear. You won't be able to give your life purpose if you don't what? I assume you mean fantasize, but it could also be interpreted to mean your life will have no purpose if you don't feel good, or hurt. It depends on how the reader looks at it.  One way to make the sentence more clear while using your own words is:

"It either feels good or hurts when you fantasize, but without fantasy, you won't be able to give your life a purpose."

I'm not clear on how fantasizing gives our lives "purpose."   I can see how we all need a little fantasy to stay sane by escaping the monotony of daily life.  Fantasizing is also arguably a component of "creativity".   Are you sure "purpose" represents what you're trying to say? If so, be sure to elaborate.

Yeah it seems fine. Don't agree with the sentiment, but that's another question.