Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 2 months ago

I keep having recurring dreams about my old crush?

The dreams can be so vivid, like me and her hugging and it feels so real like I can smell her scent and her warmth or the dreams can be distant where I'm sort of just observing her with no dialogue at all. It's been happening frequently recently and I'll be dreaming of her around 4-5 days in a row, and it's driving me crazy. Is there any meaning behind this? What should I do?

Any possibility of touching basis with her in 2019, maybe using Christmas as the reason?  You both could share a lot from what is happening now in your lives. That would be one option.  Another option is to get another girlfriend, but I can't advise  that as one girl does not make up for the loss of another girl....People are all different, so if you had a good time with this gf from the past, it doesn't necessarily mean you will enjoy a new or different relationship.  It almost sounds like "something was left unsaid" so that you are unable to move on.  Try to figure out what it is that causes these feelings to haunt you, and then try and deal with them in a manner that would bring you some peace. 

Most dreams are from fears and desires. Yours is a desire dream. Let go, find a new girl.

Generally speaking when you dream about people in your past it is either because of unresolved issues you have with them, or an attempt to regain a memory associated with them.  Because you didn't speak to your crush I am inclined to suggest the dream to be more about the comfort and security of merely being with your old crush which is common when having difficulty moving on from them (i.e. finding a replacement that can offer you those positive feelings you experienced in your dream).  

maybe reach out to her?

Your dreams indicate some anxiety you’re experiencing in your waking life that the person probably helped assuage. Sleep is essential and dreams are often therapeutic in re-enacting past or current conflict