Anonymous

Why am I always the one asked to do stuff at work?

I feel like I have good work ethic, im always looking for stuff to do and keeping busy, not being biased but I feel like I hold my weight when not everybody at my work place does. Im a trainee and there are 4 of us and 1 of us will be offered a full time job when we finish the traineeship. 

I know as a trainee you gotta earn your stripes and all that, which I feel like I definitely have, im always trying my best and what not (some of the other trainees I couldn't say the same for) but the supervisor always asks me to do so much more than them, I don't know how to take it as a good or a bad thing?

I get along with her well and do find her as quite professional, I just don't get why she doesn't get the other trainees to do it when im clearly working harder.

When your performance review comes up, bring up the fact that out of the 4 trainees, you're the one most likely to be asked to do extra work.

• Carmen

Sometimes it could be because you’re a good worker and trainer but sometimes it can get out of hand as well over loading you which could take the joy out of everything and maybe it’s because it takes things off of her more whatever the reasons are pray over matter and talk to her bout your feelings etc because she can’t read minds she just assuming you ok with it. And you can even ask her do she plan to make you a trainer before getting to involved. 

• Maxi

There is a saying " give a busy person the extra job and they will always pull it in" so it looks like the emplyer recognises that you will always do the extra jobs and thse are the type of people employers like

Because they trust you the most.

It sounds like she recognizes you are far more capable than the others. I’d take it as a good thing.