Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 months ago

How likely is it that I get pregnant from “dry” humping with our underwear on?

So I was with my boyfriend on the weekend and we ended up getting more aroused than expected. I am a virgin, 20 and I’m really paranoid that I could possibly gotten pregnant. I had my underwear on, he has boxers on but we were both very wet. His pre-*** was soaking through his boxers and it was also getting all around my vagina plus onto my underwear. That’s why I put “dry humping”. It was further than we wanted to go, now I’m worried though. I had to leave after this had happened and I could feel I was still wet for most of my trip home and began to feel very paranoid because I know semen can last in moist areas. What is the likelihood I could get pregnant from this? It was precum and I know that can have semen in it as well. We had no protection other than our underwear and the fact that he never came. I was 18 days after my first period so I don’t believe I was ovulating. 

• Edna

How many times has this same sort of question been asked?  You can't get pregnant from "dry humping". "Dry humping" is exactly what the name implies:  DRY, with no penetration and no ejaculation. You're just grinding against each other.

You were wearing your underwear & he was wearing his boxers. Sperm cells in semen can't penetrate fabric; not even if your underwear feels "very wet". Besides, you said he "never came"; so therefore there would have been no semen and no sperm cells to impregnate you.

You don't have to worry about getting pregnant from "precum" in this sort of situation either. 97% of the time, "precum" doesn't contain sperm cells. It's only a male's lubrication fluid. 

If people could get pregnant without having intercourse, you would have 20 kids from using your boyfriends shower.

• alan P

Fortunately getting pregnant isn't like catching a disease where very slight contact can get you infected.  You need million of sperm cells right inside you to have any real chance of getting pregnant.  I'm glad you put "dry humping" in quotation marks because it is often anything but dry but feeling wet is nothing to worry about.  It's very easy to go further than you want to go so it's worth thinking about what might happen next.  You say you are 20 but then you say you have only just had your first period which doesn't quite right.  If you are 20 then it's worth thinking about whether you want to be a virgin for much longer and to look at using some form of birth control - pill, implant, IUD etc.

I heard that sperm can't go through clothing. Soo unless some of his liquids got around and under the underwear and directly in between your legs you would not get pregnant. Sperm would need to get to your vagina opening directly, it does not work if your underwear just got wet from the outside, even if it soaked through. There could still be a low chance, any sexual contact with a penis and a vagina can lead to pregnancy, and that is a very sexual grown up thing to do.

Trolls often get pregnant from dry humping though more usually with their brothers than BFs.

Not likely at ball

strip down and make it exciting

• sarah

You will most definitely get pregnant...and it will most definitely be with triplets. Good luck.

• Jill

All around your vulva - not your vagina. The vagina is the internal parts.  Sperm needs to be propelled some way inside your vagina for pregnancy to be possible. Getting your underwear wet won't do it. 

You sound like a 14 year old virgin.