what can the evga rtx 2070 super do?

im building a pc using pcpartspicker.com. theyve suggested this graphics card for an 1100$ amd-based gaming pc. i can just barely afford it, and the graphics card is nearly half the price of the lot at 500$.ive already bought the case, and i trust that everything the site says is true and is compatible with everything selected.

i would jump into it immediately, but im hesistant to spend that much money on a single pc part. if i spend that much, there are a few games i want to be sure it can play at 1080p at 60fps or higher at max graphics, those being;

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

Supreme Commander 2

Mechwarrior Online

Fortresscraft Evolved

Skyrim Deluxe Edition

Modular Assault Vehicle

Doom and Doom Eternal

Dead Space 1, 2, and 3

Mass Effect 1, 2, 3, and Andromeda

Battlezone 98 Redux and Combat Commander

Planetary Annihilation

Warzone

Space Engineers

Subnautica

Crisis 1, 2 and 3

i realize that many of these games are old and probably dont need exquisite graphics cards to run them at max graphics smoothly, but ive known some of them to be notorious for requiring such power, for example supreme commander always eventually bogs down for the sheer number(literal thousands) of units on the battlefield at once, and skyrim deluxe edition and doom are obviously going to require a lot of power. i want to be sure that this thing will do it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

The rtx 2070 will be good for 1080p. Probably a little too much but allot of games allow you increase the resolution scaling to make it look similar to 1440p or 4k. You can always upgrade your monitor in the future.

• 8 months ago

Even cheaper cards can do 1080p60 without any issue. The 2070 Super is overkill for that resolution. You could do 1440 or even 4k pretty easily on most games with card like that.

The only one I'm not sure about is Doom Eternal because it's not out yet so nobody's been able to benchmark it, but all of those other games are much older.

SupCom and other strategy games are more dependent on your CPU and your videocard second.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.