Can I get results on pregnancy after 3 days of sex? ?

My boyfriend and I just had sex (saturday) we didnt us protection (trying to get pregnant). I was ovulating and my app (know sounds crazy to rely on my app) said it was a very high chance I could get pregnant. If I take a Pregnancy test tomorrow which makes 3 days will I get results? Or should I wait until Thursday (5 days) I'm eager to know!!! 

• Edna

Don't get too eager. You can't get any kind of valid result from a pregnancy test  that you take only 3 or 5 days after sex. You wouldn't even BE pregnant yet. It's going to take about 10 days after fertilization before the fertilized egg implants into the lining of the uterus and establishes a pregnancy. 

Take a test if your period is at least one week overdue. By that time, the "pregnancy hormone" would have built up to a high enough level that a test can detect it.  

You can't get anything but a negative three days after sex.  Same goes for five days after sex.  It takes up to five days for conception to occur.  Then it takes up to ten days for implantation.  Both of those can have an even higher range in extreme situations.  From there, you need several days for hCG to build up enough for detection.  That means about three weeks post sex.

No need to do a blood test before then either.  A blood test can't detect hCG that isn't there yet.  And no doctor will perform a blood test until your period is at least late anyway.

Yes, a not pregnant even if you were.  You need to wait.

Sperm can live up to five days in the womb, so if you ovulate during this time, pregnancy is possible.

A test won't turn positive for a minimum of two weeks after conception.

pick some names and wait nine months

• sarah

A home test wouldn't give you accurate results that early, but if you're willing to pay a little more money, you could have a doctor do a blood test. Those results are considered accurate as early as around eight days past ovulation. Pricing will depend on where you live, of course (as well as any insurance coverage you have -- I personally don't have insurance, so my only experience is with paying cash, lol), but urgent care clinics usually do this kind of thing fairly cheaply. If your local hospital has an outpatient lab, that's another option -- where I live, a blood pregnancy test runs about $40.

You aren't even pregnant that fast. Stop having sex you are too dumb

• Jill

No you cannot because if an egg was fertilized it hasn't even implanted yet - until it does you're not technically pregnant so your body is not producing the pregnancy hormone. You should wait 21 days for the hormone to be strong enough for an accurate test result. At least wait until your next period is due.  

• Edna

Karen -  you asked if a home pregnancy test could give you a valid result 3 days after you have sex, and Jill told you that it cannot. What's "cruel" about that?  It answered your question. 

You can take a test whenever you want but it won't be accurate after 3 days or 5 days. You don't have sex and magically get pregnant. Maybe you should wait tab kids until you actually understand how your body works. Either that or have somebody else around to teach the child so they at least have a brain