Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why are some people so mentally ill that they ask the same questions on here day after day for literally years?

I've been gone from YA for about 5 years and I still see some of the same people asking the same questions. 

Sometimes people are either looking for a specific answer to satisfy their curiosity, which no one seems to provide or otherwise multiple perspectives on the same subject. 

Perhaps some are just trolls though, looking to antagonise others.

...................

get over it lol

Emptiness. What drives these types of people is an emptiness--a nagging, burning, penetrating utter hole in their souls that they're trying desperately to fill.

• Anonymouse1 month agoReport

Stfu and gtfo edgefag who thinks they’re deep.

Would you also criticize the person who still limps ‘after 5 years’ because they have a permanent leg injury? The ‘mentally ill’ are one of the few minorities left in this country who are fair game for the kind of contempt, ignorance and bias you exemplify with this question. Rarely does anybody rise to their defense. They are the modern  analogs to people who were accused of being ‘witches’ in centuries past. Indeed, some of those people actually were suffering from mental illness. Read about what was done to them if you ever get a chance.. Today, pharmaceutical  lobotomization, forced hospitalization, electroshock ‘therapy’ etc. are the analogs to the tortures they endured. And the self-righteous, sanctimonious and judgmental attitude of the ‘inquisitors’ who  

condemned those witches in the past still seems to be alive in people such as yourself. I would also question why you have such an interest in the types of questions being asked in YA’s “mental health” category if your own mental health is of such a superior caliber as your (rhetorical) question seems to 

suggest. 

It's sad to see people saying it's because of autism or PTSD. I'm diagnosed with both of those and hate to see people misrepresent what they actually are. My autism makes it hard for me to understand social situations, but I don't say offensive things  or have trouble making friends. I definitely don't spam nonsense to the web. It just means that I might feel out of place at a party and want to leave, or I get offended by a joke and not realize they didn't mean it personally. I do like repetition but it's things like always ordering the same meal from a restaurant because I know what to expect.

My PTSD from trauma makes me have nightmares. Sometimes if I see something related I'll have a panic attack. I have trouble falling asleep at night and have a lot of stressful thoughts. I always feel a little panicky compared to the average person because my brain is used to fear. That's all... It doesn't make someone spam things to Yahoo Answers for years on end. People should be more considerate about the people with these disorders because you're creating false negative stigmas. 

When I see people ask the same questions over and over for years, most include odd pedophilic and sexual themes. A large majority of it is pedophilic and sexual obsession (don't confuse this with OCD). Individuals who are likely old, have nothing better to do with their time, posting questions trying to evoke a reaction out of average people because it's all they can do anymore. It's much different than a PTSD survivor or person with autism spectrum disorder. So keep that in mind please.  If someone lets me know some of the other common ones I will help you find a better explanation than saying the person has autism. I guess I also see a lot of white nationalist and anti semitic repeat spam... which again has nothing to do with autism.

Source(s): I study mental illness

Ptsd type of symptoms due to mental trauma, repeating same syklus everytime trauma is triggered.

• Cathy

I do that because I do not have much of a life

Because they are mentally ill. Simple as.

If you tell someone with anxiety to just shut up and stop being anxious, it only makes things worse. It might look like an attention seeking thing and I'm sure the people asking the questions on here repeatedly also see their constant reassurance seeking as pointless and stupid.

But Generalised Anxiety Disorder doesn't give a ****. It preys on a common feeling of fear and dread to the point where any reassurance, even from strangers on YA feels validated. They don't know if they'll get a string of abuse back berating them for being so dumb but they look for something good or at the very leasst calming.

My advice is to not judge what you don't understand and just realise that some people have a habit of asking the same things over and over again because they really do get that panicked.

I DON'T KNOW. THEY HAVE ISSUES.