Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

I want to help people, yet the suffering overwhelms me, and then I feel like if I can't help, this is a sad thing, please help?

I want to help so many people, but I always experience "compassion fatigue." This is where I literally try to help take on on the suffering of others and end up so overwhelmed. I wondered if there was anyone else who experienced this. I found an article where a woman wrote, how she lost her son, and wanted to passionately help others who have lost a child. It was overwhelming for her. Her health started going downhill, because she was worn out from the compassion and sensitivity to others pain that she started having anxiety attacks.

I can recall a worse health situation when I tried to help others, this made me then wonder how can I help people at all? I remember seeing a quote saying that it is not our duty to help others, but I feel, how can we not help others when there is so much suffering here.

Stop trying to save everyone while your drowning!

You need to take care of your own health and be happy. I have alot of compassion for people also... But..... Stop 🤚. And think about it.. tc..

You need to see a therapist

• martin

You have to assess your own situation. For example, a married person with children cannot afford usually to give to charity. If your savings are low and your income level is low, you shouldn't feel guilty about not giving away your money, your time, and your worries.