How long do the new Honda pilots run?

My brother bought a brand new pilot the other day and he’s going to run the thing with absolutely no maintenance whatsoever until it “shits the bed”. No oil changes, no tire rotations or changes, no brake maintenance or inspection, no windshield wipers or fluid for them, literally nothing until the car physically cannot run anymore. He says he will ignore all warnings too. Just drive it until he pushes on the gas pedal and nothing happens. How long will this take? Years? Or less? He’s rich as hell so it’s just a fun experiment for the guy. I keep telling him it’s gonna last for like 20 years.

It will run until the fuel tank is empty...

• zipper

Until it stops running, no one knows the answer to that. It could die at 118,000 miles or it could go to 300,000 miles or more. It is up to you!

Like that he can trash the car after the first tank of gas.

I find this story unbelievable. I don't care how rich you are, only an idiot, moron, or imbecile, would spend more than forty thousand dollars on a car and purposely ruin it.

Troll...…………. .

I'd say 3 years before he starts having some major issues. Is your brother mentally retarded by the way? Should he be allowed to drive cars at all?

After 2 years he is going to have a hard time driving in the rain, unless the suv is mostly garaged.  After 3 years, it will be next to impossible. 

- rubber wiper blades don't last very long in most climates. 

Brother can't get away from brakes "or he will be eating a concrete wall REAL SOON and that is the end of him.  If everyone else is lucky and he has a single car crash.  If he gets in a car crash with another vehicle, it can be seen he has NO BRAKES and will be sued every-side till Sunday as it is obvious the vehicle was not safe to be on the road.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REST  but he has to drive a safe car or could even face serious prison time for using the car like a weapon against other people.  HE JUST AIN'T THAT RICH. They will make sure he is in the POOR HOUSE.  LAWYERS DO THAT FOR THE VICTIMS.& themselves .  They will milk him dry.

If he takes the car home and parks it, it can last 50 years...and it is still like new because it never was run.

Hell !  The battery will GIVE UP THE GHOST IN 7 YEARS, SO HE HAS TO BUY A NEW BATTERY.  Tires will be bald by then, so he will not be allowed to drive on the road because bald tires are not allowed.  That is a fine and they tow it to impound.  

There is a certain minimum standard he must maintain...on brakes, tires and muffler noise(for that may also rust out at that time so it sounds like a shitbox(too noisy) and he gets a fine for noise.

As for the rest.  That is up to him. Resale value is near 0, trade in value is near 0.  He might as well take a match and burn his money, or hand it out to the homeless.

Just dumb 40+ years as a car mechanic. who knows the law.

Your brother is an idiot, and I'm assuming you are too, given that you share his genes, probably inherited from your idiot parents.

Probably will last 20 years although I would check oil radiator etc