What should I do if I accidentally called my landlord the n word? How do I make it right?

I was driving and someone cut me off and then slammed on the breaks, while I was leaving a voicemail for my landlord! So it sounded like I called her the n word? I felt completely sick about it and will never use that word again.

Favorite Answer

stop making phone calls while you are driving...even hands free...and it won't happen...maybe you had been driving carelessly but were unaware because you were on the phone.

• Allison1 month agoReport

your 1000% right

Stop being a hateful person. You wouldn't have that word in your vocabulary and ready to use if you didn't feel a certain way about *n words*. No way it could've slipped your tongue if you didn't use it when no one's listening.

Apologize for swearing on the phone and tell her that it was not directed at her, it was directed to the jerk who cut you off and nearly caused you both to crash into each other.

you could try apologizing and explaining what happened

Yeah sure, I would love to call my boss a cracker.

All you can do is apologize, but the fact that used the word at all--even directed at other people--won't help much.

• Allison1 month agoReport

Think she'll evict me?