Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

Weakness, nausea, shallow breathing and fear of imminent death?  ?

I've had this feeling all week. I'm worried I'm going to die or faint. Hot blood rushes to the head and shaking legs. Scared to eat in case I throw up but I can keep toast down. I don't usually get sick. I do have a history of anxiety. Worried I'll slip away in my sleep. I know I'm home and safe but I'm so so worried. Going to doctor this week but scared I won't last till then. How do I know that I don't have a terminal illness?  

Update: panic attacks occurring between every hour and lasts for 20 minutes.   

• Alfred

well, it sounds  first and foremost like panic attacks...

and it's treatable...

you might need prescription drugs to treat it.

additional questions  are  to be asked  in real life, in your area- as about your age and medical  record

Did you go to the ED for an evaluation?

If it is negative you need to see a psychiatrist and consider an SSRI or benzodiazepine

Your symptoms sound exactly like a panic attack. I know because I’ve had your EXACT symptoms and they got so bad that I ended up going to the emergency department.. the only thing they did for me at the ER was absolutely nothing but tell me I’m suffering from a panic attack. 

Panic attacks can come in waves and last for days even weeks in my life experience. 

I would advise you to get a PRN prescribed from your primary care Dr. 

just take a deep breathe and know for certain you can not die from a panic attack or anxiety attack.

Literally when they told me I was fine at the Er and that I wasn’t going to die I was so relieved. I’m telling you this now so you don’t have to make a trip to the ER yourself and be 5,000$ in debt over 1 ER visit. 

It sounds like you've answered your own question. You've got anxiety and panic attacks. It's all in your head, you're not going to die. You're going to be fine, physically at least. Mentally though, you need someone's help. If you can afford one or have really good insurance, see a therapist. Look for one who believes in talk therapy first, but doesn't totally rule out medication. If you can't see a therapist, talk to a friend or relative. Even if you don't believe in any religion, maybe seeing a priest, rabbi, imam, or any other religious leader might help (Episcopalian Christians, Reform Jews, and many Buddhist sects are open-minded about new people showing up in their congregations).

Source(s): I've dealt with this too

See a therapist, counsellor, psychologist.

It could be an anxiety attack or an actual physical illness but you will not know unless you see a doctor i