i went to register my 2016 Cadillac and I was told it would cost me t least $800.00 why so much money just for a license plate and sticker?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

If this is the first time you've registered and titled it, it's because they also charge you sales tax.   So it's TAX, title, and registration. 

• 8 months ago

You've heard of these things called taxes?   Those things that the government uses to screw money out of people?

You have?  OK.  The government decided that the tax (because that's what these fees are) to get a plate and sticker for that car is $800.  The government doesn't need to give any reason as to why "so much" other than "if you can afford a Caddie you can afford $800".

• Scott
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A license plate or sticker is a tiny piece of it. The bulk of the money is for taxes.

• May
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Where in the universe are you?  If you had bothered to tell us, someone could likely give you a better answer.  

Why $800.  ?    There could be 

many reasons.  Sales tax, license plates, title fee, etc. etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It's not just for the plate and sticker. It's for getting to use the roads, which cost millions of dollars to build. Being charged only $800 is one of the greatest deals in the world.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

All the added government fees that bleeding hearts think car owners should pay.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Registration is just a nicer name for a yearly tax.  Maybe your car has additional fees due to a bigger engine.  Write your Congressman if you think it is too high. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.