what causes men to hit and punch women?

what i found out was that men enjoy hurting women, they "get off" demeaning , hurting women,  men know they are worthless, so they take their rage out on us.

here's a future headline--jerry chases debra with hammer, debra defends herself with her forearm, debra then pounches on jerry ,knocking him out cold. but debras fore arm is broken,--->jerry is arrested and sent to jail. 

Some men are simply *******

Wait a minute. My parents were married for 54 yrs. And neither one, ever hit, slapped, punched, or called each other a negative name, like stupid, ugly, fat, or any of the bad words some partners call each other. My dad never used the C word, the B word, or the H word.  I have never hit or abused any woman, or used those words to a woman.  And most of my friends have not done so either. A few have and the rest of us spoke out and said it was wrong, and a few times we defended our friend, meaning the woman. usually we are friends with both. And no one I know would stand by if I or any man was abusive to his partner.  Or woman who was abusive to her male partner. There are some men who are abusive.  But most men are not. Any man or woman who is abusive should be arrested.  

Depends on the man and the woman.  Generally, I find it bad that anyone would hit another person; however, I can also understand a man being provoked enough by a woman (or anyone else) that he strikes out.  Also, it can happen in self defense.

• Elana

Except in the US, women are as or more likely to initiate domestic violence.

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/V75-Straus-09.pdf

So why don't you aim the question at women?

You're happy to give all these women a pass, perhaps because the men are less likely to get hurt (at least that's what you tell yourself), but more likely it's because of poorly hidden rank misandry.

• Womens bad behavior is a big factor im sure

A lot of the time it's usually the women who provokes the man into a physical altercation.It usually starts out when a woman has a childish fit of rage when the man denies her something. The wife or girlfriend than proceeds by throwings dishes,yelling,screaming and than punching her husband or boyfriend which causes him to retailiate and hit her back.

• Towelie

I'm speaking based on experience. I grew up in a house where my parents would fight occasionally. Mom usually started the fights.

What I think you meant to say is that "SOME men enjoy hurting women" the same way that SOME women enjoy hurting men. Anyway, nobody -- regardless of gender -- should be attacking anyone out of anger and spite. Self-defense is a different story.

SOME men, SOME men. not all.

• tim1 month agoReport

Hitting male or female is bull crap, when I got married  me and wife vowed to never hit that has no place anywhere 

• Bill

When those women decide that they have a right to hit men. 

• Dze

im not saying its right in any way shape or form to hit a woman .. but alot of women beg for it more or less .. they do .. they keep pushing those buttons and then when it happens its like oh what a surprise johnny snapped and beat the living fck out of her .. lol ..