Why are some Tesla owners so dumb and think that their car is fully autonomous ?

I laugh whenever I see on the news that someone crashed their Tesla. 😂 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Blanket statements are always incorrect. I remember RV owners that set cruise, then went back for a snack..and, crashed. There is Nothing New under the Sun. 

I think UR jealous of those who can Afford a Tesla.  They often have a good career, BS degrees or better.  That Doesn't always make for good driving habits or common sense, though. 

• 2 months ago

Why do you CARE? ............I don't.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My Tesla smokes Camaros and Mustangs.  Best car I have ever owned.

• Jason
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can never make cars enough stupid-proof. Stupid people will always find a way. 

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Not"stupid", Foolish. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

People are idiots - in general. Hence all of the idiotic laws and warning labels. 

• 2 months ago

Really? You laugh? You are a sick sick soul.

• 2 months ago

Unfortunately, car drivers and buyers don't have to take an IQ test to be given the privilege of driving or to purchase an automobile. The proportion of stupid car drivers is the same as in the population as a whole. 

• Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

No. In my psych class, teacher covered  the Jekyll-and--Hyde effect of driving. Many who are great persons outside their  cage became overly aggressive behind wheel. Like Clark Kent--Superman. Or, rather, Hancock. 

• 2 months ago

A lot of it has to do with Elon Musk's ambiguous marketing when it came out. Once the flaws were shown, Musk backpaddled and said that the system is meant to be used with some driver assist. 

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

When cruise control first became common, there were stories (don't know if they were true) of people treating cruise control like autopilot. A certain segment of the public is always going to be stupid.

• Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

More Foolishly.   Stupid never get a license. Doesn't  Stop 'em. no..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My Tesla does my grocery shopping and picks me up at the bar when I'm too drunk to drive. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.