How to introduce the idea of platonic experimentation with other male friends? ?

I’d like to try experimenting (sexually) with some male friends - How do I bring this up and will this ruin our friendship? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Experimentation has happened between heterosexual teens for decades. Of course, normally experimentation isn't something you plan, but just happens.

If asking a female friend your "experimentation line" sounds bad to you, it probably would sound bad to your male friends.

• 10 months ago

By not bringing it up. Don't risk your friendship. If you wanna sexually experiment with another male, do it with someone you DON'T know. It'll make things less awkward afterwards

• 10 months ago

If there is sex, the relationship is not "platonic." How it might affect a friendship can't be known. All you can do is ask if your friend has ever wanted to and see where it leads. Be aware that you can be willing to do things while you're having sex, or are just turned on, that you would never consider at other times. Just talking about it is a good way to start.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Straight guys do not experiment with gay sex.

If you are into gay sex, you are gay and for some reason can not accept it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

I wouldn’t jeopardize friendships over experimentation. Even if all your friends are gay or bi - there are some people that just can’t be friends with benefits. I would out your self to your friends. If they maintain they are straight - respect that. You should not hit on straight people - that disrespectful. Now if some of your friends out themselves back to you - see if the feeling is mutual. And proceed with utmost caution. If they fall in love with you or the other way around - and the other person is sleeping around - it will create one big mess. You can hook up with anyone across town and if it does not work out - fine. But you mess up a friendship over cheap sex - that could cause you grief for years. Now it may be that one of these friends of your is just fine for being a friend with benefits - but take it slow. Let each other know what you want up front. Talk it all out. 

Get your self into some gay groups. Hang out at the local gay community center. Check out the local gay bars. There are so many lgbt guys out there! 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Just come out and get it over with.  Be prepared to lose a few friends.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.