Sassy asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

How many hours do I need to renew my cna license is it last for 3 years?

My cna license is from march 2017 to January 2020. My birthday is in January so I  think that's why they gave me 3 years. Since my license last for 3 years, do I still only need 48 hours from 2017 and 2018, or do I need 2019 too?

I live in California and I already check the website and it doesn't say anything about 3 years, only 2 years.

All I know is that you go in to renew it before Xmas holidays start.Being early never hurts...as the holidays start in Dec and go into January.  You know how January is....3 weeks of hangover. So before you know it, it is February.

• May

CNA ?  (Certified Nursing , Aide/Assistant)

Yours is a strange question for this category which is "cars and transportation, insurance and registration"   ????

Depends on the licensing requirement where you live.

• Edna

She said her CNA license is valid from March 2017 through  January 2020. She has to renew it before January 31, 2020. It expires on January 31, 2020. 

"Federal law requires certified nurses’ aids to have at least 12 hours of continuing education per year to become recertified. In California a certified nurses’ assistant must complete 48 hours of continuing education every two years in order to renew his or her certificate. At least 12 hours must be taken each year and 24 hours may be taken online.  Florida requires the federally mandated 24 hours in two years, and specifies the subjects nurses’ aids must study. Check with your nursing licensing board in your state to see what continuing education requirements you will need to meet."