Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 year ago

Do you like this wedding dress? Do you think my husband would like it?

So I want a simple yet elegant long sleeve wedding dress and I also want it to be modest while showing off my slim figure. I’m having my wedding at an old church and the reception is going to held at a barn. The theme of the wedding is “old south” and my bouquet is going to be sunflowers. Does this dress fit the theme?  

Cute dress or no? I’m so in love with it I just want opinions because I want my husbands mouth to drop when he see’s me. 

• 1 year ago

I love it! I think he would love it also

• 1 year ago

Barn? It is a lovely gown, but you might reconsider and get married in jeans with hay in your hat. That fits a barn. Or barn doesn't fit old church, lovely gown, and ---big sloppy, stinky flowers?

I think you are trying to do too much with one dress and all the other elements.

Try a simple, cotton dress, with school bus yellow bow or trim to coordinate with your hideous flowers. Carry a rifle or goat.

Or buy the dress you love and carry white roses, pale yellow mums, and freesia. 

Don't they have to coordinate a little?

I've ben to a John Deere wedding and it was uncomfortable, stinky, and muddy. The bride looked like she had been dragged through a field by the end of the service. Her husband wore jeans and a cowboy hat--she had a $5,000 satin dress. It was like two different weddings. 

Her bridesmaids wore green and black plaid dresses and looked sick and ridiculous. They took pictures on a tractor---complete with hay and dirty cows.

The important part is they are still MARRIED 6 YEARS LATER. 

• 1 year ago

Beautiful. If it rains or snows it will be ruined. Same with dirt.

• zipper
    1 year ago

HAy! If your happy with it that is all that counts, he ain't marring the dress he is marring YOU I HOPE!  It looks nice, but I like nude marriages myself.

• 1 year ago

The dress is beautiful. Howsoever, it is unrealisticly long... Unless you're over 6 ft tall, that dress needs to be hemmed from the top of the gathered skirt in order to maintain the scalloped bottom edge. Do find out how much that hemming alteration will cost because it can be very expensive.

With such a long train, you may require a double bustle in order to keep it off the barn floor where it will be shredded and destroyed otherwise.

• Kelly
    1 year ago

I like the dress but for a reception with dirt and people the train is too long.  By the end of the night it'll be black and torn (from people stepping on it).  Make sure it bustles securely if it does at all.

I think based on some answers here a lot of people haven't been to a barn wedding, it's usually not outside in the elements, it's not being used as a barn anymore ... most are completely renovated and nice inside.  Though they are usually a place that was a working farm or ranch at some point so there is still grass and dirt outside of them too, but you have that at any reception venue.

I had a similar dress with shorter sleeves but my train came off, after the pictures I took the train off.

My husband liked it but I think he would have liked any dress I picked out.

1 year ago

I like the bodice.  The sheer lace is pretty, feminine and not at all tacky or sexual.

In all honesty, I am not a fan of mermaid shaped dresses.  I do not think they are particularly flattering to one's hips/thighs/caboose, even on slim people.  And they can be very difficult to walk/move in. 

The train is a bit much.   Is it removable?   Will you be changing into something more practical for the reception?   I'm just having a hard time imagining anyone dancing in this dress or even walking across the lawn or room let alone down the aisle.   

1 year ago

I can't speak to your husband-to-be's taste but that is a stunning gown. Better enlist some train bearers though if you're going to be walking around in a barn. I could see the train being filthy and shredded by the end of the event. 

• 1 year ago

Do YOU like the dress?

Do you feel amazing in it?

If so - get the dress.

• ?
    1 year ago

Gorgeous. The long train might be a bit difficult to handle at the reception, though.