Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 months ago

Why isn't my "Best Answers" percentage going up when I have 14 of them?

The more you answer.......the LOWER your %  goes.

But the more your answers are chosen as BEST..... (or actually,  "Favorite" these days.......)   then your BA % will go up. 

It's a matter of how many answers  you post, vs, how many are chosen as BEST. 

If you've posted  over 1,000 answers, and only 14 were picked as best......that's not a stellar average. 

You need to up your game, and post better answers.  Or make some friends and contacts here, who are likely to pick you as Best, 

• Snoopy

Idk I never check but I think the level goes up. 

• Daniel

If its not going up its Because your Actual Percentage did not Change

14 BAs out of 943 total answers = 1.48%. Note the number on YA is rounded down. Now say out of your next 10 answers, you get 6 BAs. Then you have 20/953 = 2.1%. So you see to raise the percentage, you must get BAs at a higher rate than you did before. The more answers you give, the harder it gets. I haven't checked lately, but at one time, I needed 300 straight BAs to get a 1% increase.

You need to ask questions with your troll accounts, answer with your target account and award yourself best answer. It's the only way.

Because you keep answering more questions. Those answer may or may not be CHOSEN best answer. It is normal for best answer percentages to go down because you are answering more and more questions. That's how percentages work.

The formula is

# of answers chosen best or favorite anser/divided by total number of answers x 100.

The computers dividing by larger and larger numbers so the quotient becomes smaller and smaller until more of your answers are CHOSEN best answer.

The computers usually round up or round down very accurately, but there are glitches they may take several days to correct, usually when the server computers update for the next day or week. 

• .

The more questions you answer, the harder to keep a high BA% because it's calculated by dividing how many BAs you get by how many questions you answer.

Answer 50 questions, get 25 BAs = 50% BA rating

Answer 100 questions, get 25 BAs = 25% BA rating

I find it difficult to believe anyone who meets the age 13 criteria for using the site, wouldn't be able to figure that out on their own.

Because you have 943 answers.  14/943 = 1%.