I was rear ended. What should I do?

I was rear ended on my way home from school today. We stopped and talked for a minute. There was no damage on my car, but a small dent on hers. However, she walked back to her car and I wasn’t sure what she was doing. I wasn’t thinking clearly out of shock. I didn’t know what to do, so I just drove off when she was in her car. What do I do now? Could I be held liable? Do I report my stupidity?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What you DO is, you call your insurance company, tell they what happened, and file a claim. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

At the moment it's a hit and run if you didn't wait for the Police.

That's whether you were hit or did the hitting.

• May
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Accident?  Always call the police and then notify YOUR insurance company.... ALWAYS !

People who don't know this most basic rule don't deserve to be on the roads

• 8 months ago

What did she say? If she hit you, her fault, you are not injured, dont worry about it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Snezzy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Now you know what to do next time. 

This was an excellent accident that provided a "teaching moment". What you should have done, but apparently did not, was to exchange info: driver's license, and car registration. On rare occasion the other driver may refuse. That's Cop Time! Call them immediately.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No, you won't be held liable. They ran into you. If you're satisfied that there was no damage to your vehicle, just go on with life. When in a collision, drivers exchange insurance information if it's minor, and call the police for more serious collisions in which case the officer will handle the exchange of information. You never admit fault or apologize.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.