Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

My MOH got married 8 months after me, had an 8 person bridal party and didnt ask me to be in it. AM I wrong to be very hurt?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's understandable that you feel hurt. EIGHT person bridal party? Who is she trying to suck up to? Who did she feel obligated to choose over you? She could have had room for one more. Unfortunately, you were mistaken in how close of a relationship you thought you had.

• 1 month ago

Yup. She is not obligated to have you in the wedding party. Just as you weren't obligated to.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

WHY? She most likely figured that you are still getting into married life.  Besides who would want you at their wedding. I would not want you there!  YOU TROLL!

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can feel however you want to feel.  NO one is obligated to have a person in the wedding even if you were in theirs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's understandable that you're hurt...but just because someone is in your wedding party or is your maid of honor doesn't automatically guarantee you a spot in theirs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

sorry but there is NO guarantee that just because she was maid of honor at yours doesn't mean you'll be maid of honor at hers. sorry...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I see this same thing on YA all the time.  Talk to her about it you should have brought it up before the wedding now all you can do is vent about something passed.

• 1 month ago

You can feel however you want to feel about it.

She wasn’t obligated to ask you to be in her bridal party. Even if she was your Maid of Honor.

You can be hurt about it, you can think twice about the friendship if you want, but she never owed you the spot so you weren’t denied an entitlement or anything like that.

If the friendship is otherwise fine then I would let it go. You never know what factors she had to consider when choosing her bridesmaids. Also possible that while you consider her To be your best friend, she doesn’t feel the same - and that’s normal and fine.

If this is a symptom of other, larger issues, though, then think about whether it’s a friendship you want to continue. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on who WAS in it. If she's got a bunch of sisters or her groom has female relatives she needs to suck up to you should understand that she was in a stressful situation having to make this choice. It would have been nice for her to explain that to you though.

• Lana1 month agoReport

Nope, it was 1 sister and 7 friends.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're never wrong to feel disappointed or hurt. 

However, you are wrong to think you're owed or entitled to a spot in someone else's wedding  How many of your bridal party members decided who was in your wedding?

• 1 month ago

There is no right/wrong when it comes to feelings. If you feel hurt, you feel hurt. Simple as that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.