Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 10 months ago

Is Baker Mayfield right that the Browns training stuff mishandled Odell or no?

After Cleveland's 27-19 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, quarterback Baker Mayfield criticized the way the Browns have handled Odell Beckham Jr.'s injury.

"I'd say that it wasn't handled right," Mayfield said. "He's not able to run as well as he ... should be able to, as well as he knows. And that's frustrating for him. You can sense some of his frustration, where that comes from. It wasn't handled the right way, in our training room. It is what it is. His not 100% is still good enough for us."

Mayfield's comments came on the heels of reports that Beckham is weighing offseason surgery to correct an injury he has been dealing with since training camp. After Sunday's game, Beckham replied, "I don't know. We'll figure it out after the season," when asked whether the injury will require surgery. Beckham also said he's unsure what his injury actually is, although NFL Network reported Sunday morning that Beckham had a sports hernia injury.

"I don't really know," he said. "You have to ask the doctors if you have a chance to interview them. I really don't know what to tell you."

I can't say for sure if the Browns mishandled OBJ's injury, but I do know one thing.  Baker Mayfield should just shut the hell up, he's not part of the training and medical staff.  Worry about his quarterback play.  That's a big reason why Cleveland is 6-7 and ain't gonna see playoffs.

• y

Only the training staff really know that answer, non of us, not even Mayfield were in on all the evaluations and such.

You came to the right place. Multiple members of the training staff are users on this website so they have first hand knowledge.