what is the best time to buy a used car?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

When you find one at a decent price and it is in good condition. 

• 12 months ago

When it's new. Then trade it in when the warranty is up and let someone else buy what is destined to fall apart. Better yet, just lease one. 

• zipper
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

When you fine one you want at the price you are willing to pay. There is no true time table on that one!

• F
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Whatever time you go, DO NOT let your wife come into the salesmen's office. My wife has cost me thousands by telling salesmen, "oh, it's alovely car, I love the colour, it's perfect etc etc" He knows you're not going to walk away, so any prospect of discount is gone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 12 months ago

The last Friday of the month in the evening. Sales people get their monthly commission checks the first week of the month and will push their sales manager to accept a lower offer you make to try and get one more sale on their commission check.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 1 year ago

Avoid buying used convertibles in the spring or summer - wait until winter, when demand is much lower.

• 1 year ago

When you have the money and the find the car you want.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The BEST time to BUY a used car is when the current owner wants to sell it.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

When you have enough money to pay cash, have cash on hand for insurance, title, registration, taxes, and a nice stash in the bank for repairs - used cars normally have no warranty or very short warranty and if it breaks and you don't have the funds to fix it you end up with an overpriced lawn ornament.

• 1 year ago

When you're gut tells you it's right.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.