C H asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 2 months ago

I am planning a trip to Vegas with my two children. Can my 17 year old stay in her own room, if I am in an additional room at the hotel?

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

You could possibly rent two rooms, and in many properties paying two daily resort fees. You generally should be looking for hotels with adjoining rooms. It cannot be done online in many of the hotel-casinos. Renting two rooms generally requires one adult per room and adult is 21 or older in many hotels. There is an issue in gaming hotels that she is not allowed on the gaming floor other than walkways and not allowed in any bars. They would highly question any guests she would bring to the room.Each hotel will have its own discretion.

If you try to lie, they can evict you.

Sign up to booking.com and smartervegas.com to get special rates.

Have a resort fee guide

http://www.resortfeechecker.com/hotel_resort_fees_...

Part of this is about what you can afford.

Your ideal is either a two bedroom suite, or a suite and lockoff suite.

There are condo-resorts that have a one bedroom suite and second mini-suite connected with a common entry foyer. Each is locked off from the other.

It is not likely they allow the 17 year old her own room, but might allow connected rooms by special arrangement.

This must be done as a single reservation of two rooms, both in your name.

Search sites have a difficult time with one adult two rooms. They may change it back to one room.

I suggest pricing two bedroom suites instead. Many have a living room sofa bed so you and the 17 year old each have a bedroom and younger child on a living room sofa bed.

What a moron!  No matter how old you, or they are.... Never, ever leave your child in a separate hotel room.  

The front desk doesn't need to know ****.

If they give you any flak, just tell them that your husband is arriving later from the airport.

no.... 18 and over (depending on the hotel) can stay in the hotel room alone. so NO. please don't even try!

I've not done that in Las Vegas, but I've done it other places.  I booked/paid for two rooms, my wife and I stayed in one room and our kids in the other room.  

• A.J.

two adults. easy. One per room and stay in whatever you prefer. Can do it here also.

• Mark

Of course he or she can.  Why did you even have to ask?

• A.J.

Not where they enforce one adult required in each room. Minors need supervision.

Just put the room in your wife's name