Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

How hard is creative writing ?

If you feel embarrassed or can't think of what to write about? 

Favorite Answer

Depends. If someone can't think of what to write (as in sits there and can't think of anything at all, not just can't think of a fully connected plot/story) then they're likely not someone who is going to go very far with creative writing. But it's not really something you can think about in terms of 'hardness'. Someone may find it very hard and write terribly, or find it very easy and write brilliantly. Being embarrassed isn't really an obstacle. I was very embarrassed about the things I made up in my head as a kid, but when I was nine or ten I got a tablet and wrote on it every day. Got so good I didn't need to be embarrassed of it and now I'm a published writer. If you enjoy writing, do it. If you're meant to write, being embarrassed, finding it hard or not knowing exactly what to write won't stop you doing it.

Don't worry anon you will eventually finish that erotic fanfic about zootopia, i promise.

Source(s): Im a weeb
  • Amber

It depends on many factors, but it can be easy or as hard as Hell. All writers have periods of time when they can't think of what to write about, that's when things like writing prompts come in handy. Not everything to write has to be intended for other people's eyes.

It's only as difficult as a function your imagination.

Very hard. The mind tends to reuse things it already knows and then the copyright suits come in

You're on the internet, why aren't you googling 'writing prompts' for ideas?

• ioerr

it's easy as heck, unless you insist on doing it well.  then there may be a problem