Why shouldn't teachers go on strikes?

This is for a research project in which I need primary resources.

Why? Get better by finding it out on your own

Depends.  I've heard that Chicago teachers are already paid fairly well.  I can see this being done for private companies.  But public employee unions, not so much.  It's not like you can send your kid to another school.

Asking random strangers on here does not count as a primary resource. 

There is no good reason for teachers not to go on strikes when all other attempts to negotiate for decent working conditions and pay have failed. 

They get paid for a full years work, when they only work 9 to 10 months.

For what they do, failing educations, they are overpaid.

I think they *should* strike under some circumstances. The reasons why they shouldn't are not signifigant in the grand scheme of things.

Some parents use school as a babysitter and might not be able to make other arrangements, for example. It can create some hardship for parents, although it can also create better circumstances for their children in the long run.