Is it illegal to write a fake doctors note for school?

im thinking about printing a fake doctors note for school so i can have permission to listen to music on my phone while doing tests or work....

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Technically, it is fraud and fraud is illegal. If you’re caught out then you would get a ZERO and possibly, excluded from school. Your parents won’t be proud of you either 

• 2 months ago

Yeah don’t get caught 

• 2 months ago

A note telling your school that you can listen to music during class for medical reasons is so ridiculous they will immediately check it out. That will bode very badly for you.

• 2 months ago

It's fraud. Not serious enough to put you in jail but serious enough to get you expelled from school.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Is forgery or fraud illegal?    Ya think? 

• 2 months ago

Fraud is illegal.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is not actually illegal in that no law has been passed to forbid it. However it would be against school policy, you could be suspended or expelled. Also any note saying that you can listen to music in class would have the school calling the "doctor" to explain why it was necessary. And as there is no doctor you will be busted within about 5 minutes of giving them the note,

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

So, your answer suggests that forgery and fraud are legal in your bailiwick?

• 2 months ago

That isn't going to work. At all. Yes, you will end up in a bunch of trouble.

• 2 months ago

It is not illegal, however, what will you do if the school contact your parents for confirmation or the doctors surgery to confirm that the letter is from them?

How will the school know whether you are listening to music or cheating on your tests by recording answers onto your phone?

You are most likely to get into trouble.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Why do you not believe forgery and fraud are "illegal"?

• 2 months ago

"Is it illegal to write a fake doctors note for school?" Yes. That is called forgery. It is a felony.

"so i can have permission to listen to music on my phone while doing tests or work." And what specific medical condition do you plan on listing that will be resolved by listening to music?

Wow, what a waste of education dollars.

• Miles2 months agoReport

IDK ask my school lol....theres a few kids with autism or something, and music helps them to not be distracted.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.