How many of you are married because you found “the one”, only to be raped later by divorce courts?

Was the marriage worth it in the end???

• Snoopy
    Favorite Answer

Maybe you mean divorce lawyer. The courts are not really like that. 

Well, I knew beforehand that my ex was wrong for me. I still stuck it out for three years. And I prepared beforehand so things were equitable. He threatened to sue for alimony, but that didn't go anywhere.

• K1 month agoReport

Men should get more alimony. This question was not for the females. Females take us to the cleaners. 

I was married to the same woman for 29 years. I lost her to cancer. I'd do it all over again if given the chance.

Many of the divorced women I know were basically left destitute by their ex-husbands.  In one case he cleaned out their joint savings shortly before filing divorce.  She couldn't afford a decent lawyer and he got away with it.  But in these cases it wasn't divorce courts, it was the husbands deliberately taking steps ahead of time to take control of and hide as many assets as possible.  The divorce courts actually helped in many ways by forcing the men to follow the laws in some cases.  The women were still economically devastated, but at least spared homelessness. 

• K1 month agoReport

Good for him. This question was catered to is men. Good he got away and with his money too.