I love Sapphire for a girl but is it a name that can be taken seriously?

I live in England and I don’t know anyone with this name but I’ve always thought it to be so beautiful and unique. Blue is my fav colour and I just think Sapphire sounds fabulous.

Is it too ‘out there’ though? Can you imagine someone to be taken seriously with that name or will they just be seen as a joke? Can’t make my mind up as to whether I want to name my daughter this. I don’t want her to end up hating me

Yeah, it can. It's a pretty name

Its sounds chavy.

It's not unique.

In the US, it's a fairly popular stripper name.  Sapphire, Diamond etc are porn star/stripper names.

Sapphire is an okay name.

I 👀 Marie formerly known as Lori🐴 is busy adding irrelevant comments.

• blank

I am not keen on it as a first name. I do not mind it as a middle name though

I personally don’t like the name. But I know a Sapphire and she has had no problems. It’s not “ out there “. Or use it as a middle name 

It's more of a pole dancers stage name.

Yes, that's a usable name.

You need to remember that the kid will be lumbered with the name for 80 plus years, so you need to chose sensibly.

It does sound like a name of someone who works as a gentleman's escort though, rather than the name of someone working in the legal profession.... although that said - Jade is a name that is accepted - and they are both precious stones..