Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do you think Christianity is becoming more a fashion symbol than a real belief in America? Ive noticed more and more nonbelievers wearing?

cross necklace, cross earings, shirts with Jesus on them, especially among celebrities, are many of them are outspoken atheists, ive noticed around my area of NC I see more and more people wearing black shirts with a white cross on them, but yet have no Christian values.

Its becoming popular like greek and Egypt imagery has so it will Christianity fade away like those old religions?

This sums up the last days. Read all the verses but the last verse hits it home.

2 Timothy 3

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

• Emdog

I live in Thailand, a mostly Buddhist country. Lots of girls wear crosses as fashion accessory.

Wearing a cross as a fashion statement is nothing new; that's been going on for decades.  I don't know where you live, but we don't see much of that where I live.  

@ Anonymous -- The "original ancient scriptures" say "cross", no one worships the cross, and saying there are "false Idols" means there are "genuine idols." You need a dictionary.  

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Good plan to fade it out.  Then, hard to tell since so many seem Christian but are not.

• Joe

Unfortunately there are indeed "cultural Christians" who think that they are right before God simply because they wear a cross or a T-shirt, but yet they live like hell.

Christianity is not based in popularity and the remnant of Christianity will always be preserved by God, solely because of His grace.

Christianity has been a fashion statement and a social norm for decades, at least. Most of the people who claim to be Christian don't know anything about the religion and rarely, if ever, go to church. I swear some of them think "Christian" means "Not Jewish."

• Jea

It is an ego trip for many.  They loudly crow "I'm better than you are".

It is a way to demand special privilege, and they feel entitled to that special privilege.

Always focus on your true self and what YOU believe, do not listen to your teachers or your elders. What you're seeing is a religion that has slowly become the opposite. A thing that is on the outside like a mark or a logo. The cross represents our senses too, and most fellow Christians and Catholic followers don't recognize that god is within, he is not a logo or a man with a beard sitting with a white robe. There is not what if or why not, God is God, for we are that, we came from God. Jesus loves us and wants to help us. But Christians seem to think cross tattoos, necklaces, and statues are good and that hell is a real thing its not unless you want it to be. Statues and logos are only good if you can recognize these things for what they are, just that a material thing a logo and/or a description and manipulation of what already is and was.

You are in a lucid dream. Get rid of the two lower halves. 

I do not believe Jesus died on a cross, since the original ancient scriptures teach otherwise.

Idol worship is detestable to God, bottom line.

Crosses and such are false idols.

I would keep my distance if you want to please God.

Yep. I've thought that most of my life.